Friday 27 May 2011

Working with my Brother

Working with my brother has been a good way of working. The reason for this is because we live under the same roof, and we are able to communicate to each-other effectively and we are able to exchange files easily. I can trust my brother to carry out what is needed and his work is always of a high standard. I am not as skilled and as proficient as my brother at Maya, but I have learnt alot from him in as far as techniques. I believe I am improving as a 3D artist as a consequence. The down side is, it is really only two of us and there is alot of work to do. We are proficient in most areas, and are willing to experiment and learn new things. However we are not so skilled in the area in as far as the character, including rigging, blend shapes and painting weights. This has been a challenge to grasp and relying on others who are spread acroos different groups has proved difficult at times. I did not exactly choose to work as a 2 man group, it happened to turn out that way unfortunately. However I did not want to give up and saw it as a challenge and an opportunity to learn new things. So I decided to fight for my idea/ pitch and continue with Patience, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment