Tuesday 31 May 2011

Calendar Scene Setup

For this setup I used the same lighting and environment layout as the clock setup. There was no need to include the rest of the environment as this would add unnecessary render time. I wanted a camera pan across the calendar from right to left originally but Joe said that we read from left to right. He had a point and I decided to go with Joe's advice. This shot was purely for character development purposes and to inform the viewer that Frank dreads the next drop off.


Calendar Texture

Calendar Planar UV Mapping

Final Gather Pass
This render took quite a while as I set the resolution extremely high. My reason for this was I wanted a pan from left to right, however this would take very long to render if rendering the pan frame by frame. I though if I render one image zoomed out but with a high resolution, in adobe after effects, we could zoom in and still have enough room to incorporate a pan. If I was render an image regularly firstly a pan would not be possible as we would have to zoom in but the image will look awful due to low resolution and pixelation. The lamp shade is also visible in the shot, but if we zoom in for the pan, this will be out of frame.

Occlusion Pass

Composite

Joe helped us create this pan. As you can see we could zoom in and the resolution would not be affected. This composite is in my opinion still a little too warm in colour. We may need to adjust the grading in after effects.

The Original Storyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment