Tuesday 31 May 2011

Clock: Animating

To begin with I did a very simple animation for the tick of the clock from 7:59 to 8:00 pm. It was literally a single frame from one key position to the other. I looked at the animation and I hated it, it was dull and boring. So I decided to introduce some exaggeration and character to the animation. I introduced some anticipation to the minute hand by animating a slow in and then a quick flick. I also introduced a nice flick back and overlap to give it some recoil. I was very pleased that it took very little time to produce an effective animation and I am now satisfied as it is a nicer more interesting animation, thus a more interesting shot.


Occlusion Layer

Final Gather Layer

Initially this render was ruined by the fact that the texture was very pixelated. I solved this problem by firstly recreating the texture and then increasing the texture from 1024 to 2000 pixels. This way I would increase texture resolution. I also sharpened the image in Photoshop in order to make sure that the image was crisp when applied as a texture. When I rendered the change was obvious and thus the shot had been improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment