Wednesday 1 June 2011

Tara Rig Problems


Tara sent me her rig file to see if she could rectify our problem of merging the blends with skeleton rig and try and do a better job than Clym and improve upon his work. I opened up the file and the rig was horribly distorted, warped and stretched. The mesh appeared to have exploded upward. Im not entirely sure what had happened but I suspected that it was due to an incompatibility with software and the two conflicting Maya versions, however Tara did say that she would try using 8.5 which I assumed would be a safe bet. I have worked with 8.5 in the past and there were no problems. I could not understand why there would be an issue. 2008 and 8.5 are essentially the same version.

I agreed to meet up with Tara the following day to try and resolve the issue. Abs said he would come in and see if he had any suggestions. I may have to upgrade to Maya 2012 to avoid these recurring issues.

Here is a picture of Tara's rig .mb file.


No comments:

Post a Comment