Thursday 16 June 2011

Lighting Problems

There is particular scene which I am attempting to light, and thus far it has proved tricky to get the lighting to what I want. It is the scene where Frank is smoking by the table. I dont want the scene to be to brightly lit, yet I do not wish it to be too dark so that you cannot see Frank. I want the lighting set up in such a way that it veils Franks eyes and forehead so that just his nose mouth and chin are visible. Because the scene is a medium shot there is very little I can do in order to manipulate the lighting in as far as "barn doors" etc. If it was a close up it would be a lot simpler as these lighting manipulators could be hidden by placing them outside the camera frame. I will try to see if I can improve upon the lighting setup tomorrow or else I may have to reconsider the composition of the shot entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment