Saturday 13 November 2010

Why Pursue with Idea?

Although my idea was not green lit, I felt that I needed to convince the tutors that it was an idea worth doing. I was obviously passionate about my idea and stated that I felt my idea was refined and an example of good storytelling. I have become attached to the story and the character as the idea has developed. My concepts really helped to bring my character to life as well as depicting the desired environment, lighting and mood.

I see this 3rd and last year at University as an opportunity to work on something I am passionate about. I also see this idea as an opportunity to demonstrate my storytelling, art directing and directing skills. Through this animation short I hope to gain some exposure. I hope to get noticed by people already working in the film industry.

My idea is different and mature in its content and is certainly not for kids, there is no bloodshed, however there is implied violence. I believe there is a niche in the market for mature animations primarily aimed at teenagers and adults. How many Western feature animations do you see at the moment that are aimed at Teenagers and Adults? Not many. They seem to be aimed at young children or the family. Yes my idea could easily be carried out using live action, however, animation provides a different visual edge. It should not matter what medium is used to tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment