Wednesday 24 November 2010

Advice & Pointers

David Bull came in today to provide advice, suggestions and additional story ideas to those who were directing their own animation shorts. He came to me and seemed very pleased with the progress I had made and thought that the idea I had was different and mature. He did say that my piece was ambitious as I have to get across the character's (Frank's) ordeal through acting and animation. His comments were both helpful and encouraging. He gave me a few suggestions in terms of shot and story ideas. He suggested that I begin and end with the exterior of the apartment block. The first shot can be used as an establishing shot and the final shot depicts a sudden flash from within the room along with a muffled gunshot, suggesting that Frank commits suicide. He also suggests that I have a shot of a photograph with Frank and Rachel as a couple to strengthen the link between them for the viewer's benefit so that their relationship is slightly more obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment