Saturday 13 November 2010

Moodboard/ Character Reference/ Colour Chart


Moodboard

This mood-board was helpful for research purposes. The material gathered will aid me in replicating the desired atmosphere that is depicted within the images above. The elements I am focusing on are a high contrast in lighting ie the use of harsh light as well as dark shadows. I wish to incorporate a classical feel that is typical of the old noir films. I want to use bold warm colours. I intend to use light as a way of shrouding the scene and the character so that there is an element of mystery.


Character Reference


I have looked at various character personalities and character design for inspiration and reference. The images above are a collection of visuals which I thought will be helpful and were most relevant to the character of Frank. I want Frank to seem quite built with bold facial features. I want him to look like he is in his mid forties. I imagine Frank to be a reclusive individual who is a reluctant hit-man who is filled with regret. Frank has his demons and his vices. On the outside Frank is intimidating, but on the inside he is a sensitive and romantic soul.

Film Reference

These are some of the films I looked at which inspired me and films which I used for reference. All share some form of film noir quality.


Colour Chart

The colour chart above is useful in as far as recording desired colours I wish to incoorporate within the scene. I already have a strong vision of what I want the animation short to look like. I want warm colours such as reds, oranges, yellows and browns in the apartment interior, yet I want a cold blue exterior light from passing vehicles that penetrates the venetian blinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment