Saturday 13 November 2010

Concept Illustration

I was really pleased with the way this concept turned out. In my opinion it perfectly depicts the desired mood I wish to achieve. I love the warm orange colour of the light from the overhead lamp. I also like the strips of light that hit the wall due to the venetian blinds.

The whole point of this piece was to provide an example of layout and lighting. The apartment interior is supposed to look bare because it suggests that Frank moves from place to place due to his "profession". The orange light symbolizes the warmth and romantic nature within him despite his intimidating appearance. The blue light from outside symbolizes the cold nature of his his life and his "profession". The choice of colours is also deliberate as orange and blue contast one another as they are opposites. I want the atmosphere to appear somewhat somber to demonstrate Frank's guilt and regret. I want to demonstrate Frank's character through, mood/ atmosphere and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment