Saturday 13 November 2010

3D Models

The images below depict mainly prop models. Most of these props will appear in still shots as cut-aways in order to set the scene and tell a story through imagery about the character (Frank).

A calendar. I am pleased the way this model turned out. It looks very effective when smoothed.
A pack of cards.
A square framed analogue wall clock.
A frame for a photograph.
A model of a hat. I tried to model this hat to the typical style found in many film noir films. I believe that it came out rather well. When smoothed down it looks even better.
An ash tray. I intend to apply a glass material on this model. I was particularly pleased with the way this model turned out. I really like the simple design and shape of this ash tray. Im not sure if I shall include this in the final cut, but I modelled this just in case it is needed later on. I used this model as modeling practice.

A simple glass tumbler.
A glass with rigid edges. A square whiskey glass. This turned out quite well and might have quite a nice aesthetic impact within the scene. The edges may however be a bit too rigid.
A classical street lamp.
A model of a vinyl record player.
A simple block-out model of the apartment room interior. This shall be used for basic light tests. Obviously there are issues with scale here and this scene is far too claustrophobic and tight for animation to take place effectively.
A simple block-out apartment block exterior.
This nice 3D model of a watch was created by Clym Smith. Some minor adjustments have to be made, however I am pleased with the overall design of the watch, it certainly has a classical element to it which I was looking for. However there may be issues with the geometry here as there is alot of unnecessary geometry here and there are booleans which may cause problems regarding the texturing stage. I may need to improve upon this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment